Tips to Protect Your Child's Identity
From Lorain County Prosecutor's Office
CHILD IDENTITY THEFT
Your child's identity can be stolen as early as six months old.
More than one million children were victim of identity theft in 2018.
Two-thirds of all victims are under eight years old.
How to Protect Your Child
1. Disclose personal info discretely.
2. Shred sensitive documents.
3. Use safe passwords.
4. Update your computer virus protection.
5. Keep all personal documents in lock box.
What to do if Your Child Is a Victim from Identity Theft
1. File a police report with your local police department.
2. Close the fraudulent accounts.
3. Place a fraud alert.
4. Freeze your child's credit report.
5. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission www.FTC.gov or 877-438
You are entitled to a free credit report once/year.
Go to annualcreditreport.com
or write to Central Source LLC, PO Box 105283, Atlanta, GA 30348